Don't bother coming here...

Visit the Official Gamerstorm Website for the full stories plus exclusive images and videos!

Wednesday 6 November 2013

I'm having some major problems with developing Rossies 3D...

Alright, It's been a while since I have posted anything on this site, so I thought I'd update on on what's happening, I'm having some problems with developing Rossies 3D...

I have bad news, I been having trouble with the player models in the game, particularly the animations, the 3D modelling program that I'm using (Blender), has been acting up on me lately, and I've had tonnes of problems.

I've been trying to fix it for a month now, and we haven't got very far. Our team has pages of ideas to implement into the game, and we've written down how exactly we're going to do so, we have it all planned, however, most if not all of these ideas rely on the models working properly, so this issue is holding everything up and we are afraid that we may not be able to make out December demo deadline.

I'm not certain how long it will take to fix it, but the sooner it's done, the sooner I can get the demo out. I've resorted to calling for help on many forums and boards, but we've had nothing back. (If you want to have a look and try to fix it, I have started a thread here.)

On the up side, I have found out exactly what caused the bug, and I was able to re-create it on a new file, so I have the bug reported on Blender's 'bug tracker', so hopefully, they will pick up on it, and fix it on the next Blender release!

Just when things are looking up, here's some more bad news... I have recently updated my graphics driver, and I've had nothing but problems since, it keeps crashing on me, it always happens when I work on the game on Unity, the driver crash causes unity to crash, which, of course, makes me lose everything I had done in that session, I have tried reinstalling it, doing a clean install, and I had even tried rolling back to a driver that worked before, but no joy, the new driver seems to have done permanent damage! Of course, I'm trying my best to sort it out, I've tried to contact Nvidia about the problem, I'm not having much luck so far, though.

It's not looking good, we'd be lucky if we can even finish it, but we aren't giving up just yet! We might have to wait a good while before any of youse get to play the game, or get any positive updates on it for that matter...

-Cobra!

No comments: